Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Hors D' oeuvres: Caprese on a Stick
Good evening budding chefs,
One thing about me, maybe it is because I am my mother's daughter, I love to entertain. love it.
Whether it is for someone's birthday (or mine), have a summer bbq or kegger because it is nice out, to celebrate to celebrate, or simply have friends and or family together- there is always food! From sausages in a blanket, to home made mini quiches, cut up veggies and dip, asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, and homemade salsa and chips- needless to say, whatever the occasion, big or small, there is food.
In January it was my birthday for which I invited my closest friends for some hors d'oeuvres and drinks at my cottage. For this I made a series of platters- the most popular by far was the 'caprese salad on a stick.'
What you need-
- buffalo mozzarella (med size)
- fresh basil
- balsamic glaze
How to create:
- cut the tomatoes and medium size balls of buffalo mozzarella into quarters
- put the quarter of mozzarella on the toothpick (through the middle), tear a piece of basil and pierce it with the toothpick
- then place the quartered tomato on the toothpick (pierce through the middle)
- repeat this and place finished 'sticks' onto a plate or tray
- once complete, drizzle balsamic glaze on the caprese salad sticks!
Posted by annika aino at 6:58 PM