Monday, January 24, 2011

welcome!

Growing up with a mother who swears on the frozen food aisle, a father who insists on ordering in for Sunday's family dinner, eating off of the Student Meal Plan at university, and living with my wonderful chef of a roommate, I have never been known for or quite fond of The Kitchen (esp due to my lack of knowledge and innovation of cooking, baking, preparing etc).  Fortunately, don't get me wrong, I have been fed very well the past twenty-two years of my life and wouldn't change it for the world- however it is time to learn the basics.   I know what I like and what I dislike, thus in this blog I will keep whatever followers and myself updated and reminded of great dishes that I have made/ attempted to make and hopefully inspire.

A few weeks ago was my birthday, for which in fact I received my first cookbook, yes, three in fact (and all from three different people!).  From Jamie Oliver, to books on how to make fast and light meals, these are a wonderful starting kit to my newest hobby(?).  Despite receiving remarks from family and friends that they would become great coffee table books or collect dust, I have put them to use.  Interestingly, one of the three (given by my ema) is Rose Riesman's newest book- in which it is signed and states "To a budding chef"- thus, my kitchen adventure begins!



I am no Martha, however I do hope to satisfy those who I feed (fingers crossed!).

Happy eating,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment